Monday 29 June 2015

You Will Be Rare: The Book


Last month saw me team up with economy-slaying-madman-artist Jamie Moakes and magical-word-wizard-editor Kelli Savill to DO A THING. We made a book together, guys! In a really tiny amount of time!

I've worked with both Jamie and Kelli before (although they're my close friends before co-workers) and working with them is an absolute bundle of joy and energy and late night pizza and seven-hour meetings (this happened twice in one week). I was lucky enough to be part of the design team that helped Jamie's show You Will Be Rare travel to Edinburgh Fringe Festival in 2011 and he brought me back to help create a book of the show for the next installment of the You Will Be Rare adventure - a gallery show in Seattle. I was responsible for the design and illustration throughout, the result being a full-colour A5 paperback and posters for the gallery room, as well as promotional flyers. Once I have a copy of the book I'll be sure to update with photos but for now here's a little preview from Jamie's Instagram page (which will give you a good idea of what the project is like):

No comments: