Monday 29 June 2015

Women Inherits the Earth


So much has happened since I last updated! I'll keep it short as I try to keep this blog as a space where my work can (hopefully) speak for itself.

So in January of this year I quit my full time job (I was a garment printer by day, illustrator by night, and working every hour under the sun because of it) to become completely self-employed and focus on forwarding my career as a designer and illustrator.

At the same time, my partner and I decided to embrace a different sort of change and made the decision to move from Essex to London.

Because of these two huge upheavals in my life, the first half of 2015 has been terrifying, stress-inducing, sleep-depriving, jolly good fun. At times I didn't think I was going to pull any of it off but I got there and here I am, living frugally but comfortably in our little flat in E16. I pay my bills by drawing pictures and I feel like 10-year old me would be pretty happy about this.

One of the first things I did when I became A Proper Freelance Person was open a little Etsy store. I only put a few prints up for sale but I've made over 50 sales in 6 months so I'm pleased as punch. My Jurassic Park inspired "Dinosaurs Eat Man, Woman Inherits The Earth" illustration has by far been the most popular, so I also opened a Society6 store to widen the range of merch it's available on.

So to wrap up, I guess this post is a thank you for everyone who's been so supportive of me the last few months, anyone who's bought a print or shirt, and anyone who enjoys looking at my drawings. Thanks for allowing me to do my dream job.

No comments: